The Flaming Lips’ frontman, Wayne Coyne, recently revealed details about their latest project: a six hour long song entitled “I Found This Star on the Ground” intended to accompany a strobe light toy. Coyne describes the overall feel of the song as “Velvet Underground meets Super Mario Brothers.” According to Coyne, “[The song and strobe light are] kind of meant so that kids can like, take LSD and play with it. You know, that’s kind of our intention, so that people buy it at like a festival, and then go back to their parents’ and take some acid and play with it all night.” The Flaming Lips started the project thinking it would be fun. Coyne now admits that the project is insane.
September 21, 2011
The Flaming Lips – A Six Hour Long Song
This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 at 5:45 am and tagged with 6 Hour Long Song, I Found This Star on the Ground, Six Hour Long Song, The Flaming Lips, Wayne Coyne and posted in New Release. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lou Reed and Metallica Album Stream and Review wp.me/p1PLnN-5FTweeted 7 years ago
- Sonic Youth to Split? wp.me/p1PLnN-5BTweeted 7 years ago
- "Senator" Jack Black wp.me/p1PLnN-5vTweeted 7 years ago
- Tom Morello Occupies Wall Street wp.me/p1PLnN-5mTweeted 7 years ago
- Free Friday: Deerhunter, Ariel Pink, Iron and Wine, and More on 4AD Sessions Compilation wp.me/p1PLnN-58Tweeted 7 years ago