To celebrate the launch of the SPRC (and to round out the weekend-long launch of Free Friday), here’s another secret. The SPRC placed another “Easter Egg” on its homepage. The second hidden track is “Barb Wire” and sounds a lot like an early version of the Smashing Pumpkins’ rarity: “Tulips.” “Barb Wire” is another Siamese Dream-era track and has a heavy bass line, dense layers of distorted guitars, and vocals buried so low in the mix that they are very hard to hear, if you are lucky enough to hear them at all. Download the song here, by clicking on the rat at the bottom of the screen towards the left. As with “Suicide Kiss,” the download should begin automatically once you click on the rat.
September 18, 2011
Free Friday Part III: Smashing Pumpkins – “Barb Wire”
This entry was posted on Sunday, September 18th, 2011 at 5:08 am and tagged with Barb Wire, Billy Corgan, Free MP3, Smashing Pumpkins, Smashing Pumpkins Record Club, SPRC, Suicide Kiss, Tulips and posted in Free Friday. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lou Reed and Metallica Album Stream and Review wp.me/p1PLnN-5FTweeted 6 years ago
- Sonic Youth to Split? wp.me/p1PLnN-5BTweeted 6 years ago
- "Senator" Jack Black wp.me/p1PLnN-5vTweeted 6 years ago
- Tom Morello Occupies Wall Street wp.me/p1PLnN-5mTweeted 6 years ago
- Free Friday: Deerhunter, Ariel Pink, Iron and Wine, and More on 4AD Sessions Compilation wp.me/p1PLnN-58Tweeted 6 years ago